Egypt: Lands of the Nubian Pharaohs
Below is a sample Ethiopia itinerary. Call us to start planning your amazing journey with one of our travel specialists today.
Explore the vast grandeur and beauty of Egypt, a land of magnificent World Heritage sites. Accompanied by renowned guide, Dina Ezz El-Din, our program begins in the rarely visited city of Alexandria, once considered the jewel of the Mediterranean. Stroll through the city’s main coffee houses and stop in at the city’s famous library. It was reopened in 2002 to capture the spirit of the original library founded by Ptolemy and housing a great repository of ancient documents. In Cairo discover the pyramids, masterpieces of engineering before spending a night at the beautiful Al Moudira hotel in Luxor. Explore hidden ancient tombs as well as the preserved homes of the workers responsible for the city’s magnificent monuments. For three nights sail the Nile on the beautiful St. George Sonesta and learn about the enduring civilizations of the Nile. Despite the ravages of time and sand it is difficult to remain indifferent to the beauty of these sites. Pass by villages on the banks of the Nile – small, green oases brimming with life and meet with the people who depend on the Nile for their existence. From Aswan take an excursion to Abu Simbel whose high façade reveals four colossal enthroned statues of Ramses II. Return to Cairo for a final day before flying home.
Day 1. Depart US.
Day 2. Alexandria. Cecil Hotel
Day 3. Alexandria
Day 4. Cairo. Fairmont Nile City
Day 5. Cairo
Day 6. Cairo
Day 7. Aswan. Movenpick Resort Aswan
Day 8. Aswan. St. George Sonesta Cruise Ship
Day 9. Esna. St. George Sonesta Cruise Ship
Day 10. Luxor. St. George Sonesta Cruise Ship
Day 11. Luxor. Hotel Al Moudira
Day 12. Cairo. Fairmont Nile City
Day 13. Return from Cairo
TRAVEL IN A POST COVID-19 WORLD
We understand that you may have concerns about travel and we wanted to confirm that we are taking concrete steps to ensure your health. Please note the following and also note that these policies may be modified as we are provided with more information regarding COVID 19 and its spread.
1. Deposits will be 100% refundable up until final payment is due
2. Our group size will not be more than 12 travelers plus staff
3. Everyone will be required to show a negative COVID-19 test result valid from 96 hours prior to departure
4. Each traveler’s temperature will be taken each day to ensure that no-one on the trip has a temperature
5. Face masks will be provided and will be expected to be worn during all group activities.
6. Hotels used on our program will be adhering to the American Hotel and Lodging Association guidelines.
7. Restaurants used on our program will be adhering to social distancing requirements with servers and staff wearing masks
8. All museums visited will be following social distance requirements
9. Buses will be sanitized several times a day during touring.
10. Hand Sanitizer will be readily available on the buses and each traveler expected to use it as they re-board the bus after each activity
11. Bus drivers, tour managers and leaders will be required to show a negative COVID-19 test prior to meeting the group and will have their temperature tested daily.
12. All speakers will be required to maintain social distancing requirements.
We love organizing private journeys as much as we love putting together our group programs. If you would prefer, a customized journey can be planned for one person or a larger group of families or friends, and we would be delighted to work with you on your dream tour that reflects your interests, your pace and your budget.