Morocco: Imperial Cities
October 6 – October 18, 2022
Led by Mr. Jalil Benlabili
Single Room Supplement: $1,760
We realize now more than ever plans for future travel can be a bit uncertain. We want you to feel secure in signing up for the trip now and we are going to offer that your deposit be completely refundable up until the time the final payment is due at 60 days prior to departure. Book your Morocco tour today!
Morocco has captured the imaginations of visitors for centuries with its layers of rich history, vibrant desert landscapes, and bustling souks that are just as beautiful as they are chaotic. Our journey begins in Rabat, whose status as the country’s diplomatic center appropriately reflects the city’s diverse cultural influences. Visit two notable eras of Moroccan history at the imperial city of Meknes, once home to the grand Moroccan sultanate, and the ancient Roman settlement of Volubilis, whose outstanding collection of mosaic floors rival any in the world. Discover Fes hidden in a valley surrounded by kaleidoscopic hills that change with the time of day. Explore the city’s legendary labyrinthine medina where something breathtaking is hidden around every corner. Travel through a landscape dotted with small fortified villages to the Moroccan desert that by day boasts views of breath-taking natural sand dunes and by night offers unparalleled glimpses of the unpolluted night sky. Stop in Ouarzazate to see UNESCO-protected red-earth kasbahs dating back thousands of years. Arrive in Marrakesh and you will find yourself immersed in the country’s proud artistic history on display in the surrounding architecture, elaborate tile mosaics, and traditional artisanship that define this ancient trading center. Spend a day in the High Atlas Mountains understanding the unique ways of life of Morocco’s native peoples, the Berbers. Fly home from Marrakesh.
Day 1: Thursday. Depart US.
Day 2: Friday. Rabat. Villa Mandarine.
Day 3: Saturday. Rabat.
Day 4: Sunday. Fes. Palais Faraj.
Day 5: Monday. Fes.
Day 6: Tuesday. Fes.
Day 7: Wednesday. Erfoud. Kasbah Hotel Xaluca Maadid.
Day 8: Thursday. Merzouga. Sahara Stars Desert Camp.
Day 9: Friday. Ouarzazate. Ksar Ighnda Hotel.
Day 10: Saturday. Marrakesh. Les Jardins de la Koutoubia.
Day 11: Sunday. Marrakesh.
Day 12: Monday. Marrakesh.
Day 13: Tuesday. Return home from Marrakesh.
TRAVEL IN A POST COVID-19 WORLD
We understand that you may have concerns about travel and we wanted to confirm that we are taking concrete steps to ensure your health. Please note the following and also note that these policies may be modified as we are provided with more information regarding COVID 19 and its spread.
1. Deposits will be 100% refundable up until final payment is due
2. Our group size will not be more than 12 travelers plus staff
3. Everyone will be required to show a negative COVID-19 test result valid from 96 hours prior to departure
4. Each traveler’s temperature will be taken each day to ensure that no-one on the trip has a temperature
5. Face masks will be provided and will be expected to be worn during all group activities.
6. Hotels used on our program will be adhering to the American Hotel and Lodging Association guidelines.
7. Restaurants used on our program will be adhering to social distancing requirements with servers and staff wearing masks
8. All museums visited will be following social distance requirements
9. Buses will be sanitized several times a day during touring.
10. Hand Sanitizer will be readily available on the buses and each traveler expected to use it as they re-board the bus after each activity
11. Bus drivers, tour managers and leaders will be required to show a negative COVID-19 test prior to meeting the group and will have their temperature tested daily.
12. All speakers will be required to maintain social distancing requirements.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR JOURNEY
We love organizing private journeys as much as we love putting together our group programs. If you would prefer, a customized journey can be planned for one person or a larger group of families or friends, and we would be delighted to work with you on your dream tour that reflects your interests, your pace and your budget.