Saudi Arabia: Beyond the Veil
October 22 – November 3, 2022
Led by: Mr. Samir Komosani
Domestic Airfare: $550
We realize now more than ever plans for future travel can be a bit uncertain. We want you to feel secure in signing up for the trip now and we are going to offer that your deposit be completely refundable up until the time the final payment is due at 70 days prior to departure. Book your Saudi Arabia tour today!
Saudi Arabia is a country of barren sands masking great oil reserves, millennia-enduring archaeological sites sharing city blocks with modern engineering marvels, and conservative Islamic ideals juxtaposed by images of luxury symbols from the West. Through conversations and visits, our program sets out to explore this country and the significant changes taking place within its borders. We begin in Jeddah, a commercial port-city whose old city is renowned for its traditional multi-storied dwellings made of coral. Enjoy the striking mountain scenery around Abha where tiny villages are nestled amidst green terraced fields. Follow an ancient trade route to Madain Saleh, a desert plateau strewn with monumental rock-hewn tombs from the ancient Nabataean kingdom. Nearby sits labyrinthian Al ‘Ula, once a wealthy trading hub along the “Incense Route” and characterized by its narrow, winding streets. Fly to Riyadh, the kingdom’s imposing capital that only sixty years ago was a remote walled village. Travel by train to Al Hofuf, home of the Al-Ahsa Oasis, the world’s largest oasis and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Also visit the Qaisariah Souq, one of the most traditional markets in the country. In Dhahran to the east, become familiar with the immense Saudi oil industry, understanding its central role in dramatically shaping modern Saudi Arabia. Return home from Dhahran.
Day 1. Depart US
Day 2. Jeddah. Sheraton Jeddah Hotel
Day 3. Jeddah
Day 4. Abha. Abha Palace Hotel
Day 5. Abha
Day 6. Maidan/Al Ula. Shaden Resort by MGallery
Day 7. Maiden/Al Ula
Day 8. Riyadh. Hyatt Regency Riyadh Olaya
Day 9. Riyadh
Day 10. Riyadh
Day 11. Al Hofuf. Al Ahsa InterContinental
Day 12. Dammam/Dhahran. Le Meridien Al Khobar
Day 13. Dammam/Dhahran
Day 14. Return home from Dhahran
TRAVEL IN A POST COVID-19 WORLD
We understand that you may have concerns about travel and we wanted to confirm that we are taking concrete steps to ensure your health. Please note the following and also note that these policies may be modified as we are provided with more information regarding COVID 19 and its spread.
1. Deposits will be 100% refundable up until final payment is due
2. Our group size will not be more than 12 travelers plus staff
3. Everyone will be required to show a negative COVID-19 test result valid from 96 hours prior to departure
4. Each traveler’s temperature will be taken each day to ensure that no-one on the trip has a temperature
5. Face masks will be provided and will be expected to be worn during all group activities.
6. Hotels used on our program will be adhering to the American Hotel and Lodging Association guidelines.
7. Restaurants used on our program will be adhering to social distancing requirements with servers and staff wearing masks
8. All museums visited will be following social distance requirements
9. Buses will be sanitized several times a day during touring.
10. Hand Sanitizer will be readily available on the buses and each traveler expected to use it as they re-board the bus after each activity
11. Bus drivers, tour managers and leaders will be required to show a negative COVID-19 test prior to meeting the group and will have their temperature tested daily.
12. All speakers will be required to maintain social distancing requirements.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR JOURNEY
We love organizing private journeys as much as we love putting together our group programs. If you would prefer, a customized journey can be planned for one person or a larger group of families or friends, and we would be delighted to work with you on your dream tour that reflects your interests, your pace and your budget.