Iran: The Changing Faces of Iran
October 13 – October 29, 2022
Led by Mr. Amin Badakhshan
Single Room Supplement: $1,580
We realize now more than ever plans for future travel can be a bit uncertain. We want you to feel secure in signing up for the trip now and we are going to offer that your deposit be completely refundable up until the time the final payment is due at 60 days prior to departure. Book your Iran tour today!
Iran has one of the longest histories of human civilization of any modern day country spanning from the temporal roots of the Persian Empire all the way to its current status as a controversial regional power. We begin in Tehran, Iran’s turbulent yet proud capital city. Head north to the holy Islamic pilgrimage city of Mashhad to see the ornate burial place of the 9th century martyr, Imam Reza. Explore Kerman, a key stop on the ancient Silk Road and birthplace of the Iranian Dervish order. In Yazd, experience perfectly preserved Persian architecture and the ancient Persian religion of Zoroastrianism while navigating its distinctive winding alleyways. Continue on to Persepolis via Shiraz and marvel at the UNESCO-protected ruins of the city that were built to be the most commanding and regal of the ancient world. Drive to Isfahan, a flawless substantiation of Persian culture, where everything from millennia-old mosques shrouded in meticulously painted tiles to its quaint bridges fit seamlessly into this municipal masterpiece. Finally, wind down in Kashan amongst traditional Persian gardens and the city’s well-known bazaar, boasting of artisanship famous since the 11th century’s Seljuk dynasty. Return home from Tehran.
Day 1: Depart the US
Day 2: Tehran. Espinas Hotel.
Day 3: Tehran
Day 4: Mashhad. Ghasr Talaee International Hotel.
Day 5: Mashhad
Day 6: Kerman. Pars Hotel.
Day 7: Kerman
Day 8: Yazd. Moshir Garden Hotel.
Day 9: Yazd
Day 10: Shiraz. Zandiyeh Hotel.
Day 11: Shiraz
Day 12: Isfahan. Abbasi Hotel.
Day 13: Isfahan
Day 14: Isfahan
Day 15: Tehran. Manouchehri Hotel
Day 16: Tehran. Novotel Tehran Imam Khomeni International Airport Hotel.
Day 17: Return home from Tehran.
TRAVEL IN A POST COVID-19 WORLD
We understand that you may have concerns about travel and we wanted to confirm that we are taking concrete steps to ensure your health. Please note the following and also note that these policies may be modified as we are provided with more information regarding COVID 19 and its spread.
1. Deposits will be 100% refundable up until final payment is due
2. Our group size will not be more than 12 travelers plus staff
3. Everyone will be required to show a negative COVID-19 test result valid from 96 hours prior to departure
4. Each traveler’s temperature will be taken each day to ensure that no-one on the trip has a temperature
5. Face masks will be provided and will be expected to be worn during all group activities.
6. Hotels used on our program will be adhering to the American Hotel and Lodging Association guidelines.
7. Restaurants used on our program will be adhering to social distancing requirements with servers and staff wearing masks
8. All museums visited will be following social distance requirements
9. Buses will be sanitized several times a day during touring.
10. Hand Sanitizer will be readily available on the buses and each traveler expected to use it as they re-board the bus after each activity
11. Bus drivers, tour managers and leaders will be required to show a negative COVID-19 test prior to meeting the group and will have their temperature tested daily.
12. All speakers will be required to maintain social distancing requirements.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR JOURNEY
We love organizing private journeys as much as we love putting together our group programs. If you would prefer, a customized journey can be planned for one person or a larger group of families or friends, and we would be delighted to work with you on your dream tour that reflects your interests, your pace and your budget.