Exploring Arabia: Qatar, Oman and Jordan
October 14-October 25, 2022
Led by Mr. Siham Haleem
Single Room Supplement: $TBA
Domestic air: $TBA per person
We realize now more than ever plans for future travel can be a bit uncertain. We want you to feel secure in signing up for the trip now and we are going to offer that your deposit be completely refundable up until the time the final payment is due at 60 days prior to departure. Book your Qatar, Oman and Jordan tour today!
Whilst to a certain extent pushing modernity to the limit, these three countries of Arabia, are also consciously aware of their Arabian essence. Our journey aims to focus on how deep cultural traditions are being carefully tended and nourished as their economies continue to prosper. Begin the trip in Qatar where Qatar’s emir is building magnificent cultural institutions. Visit I.M. Pei’s Museum of Islamic Art which houses one of the greatest collections of Islamic art and the recently opened National Museum while also strolling through the historical Souk Waqif where you can as easily find Bedouins bringing their sheep to market as falcon shops. Fly to Muscat, the country capital of Oman, where we will learn about the traditions of this ancient nation whose development, whilst astounding, has occurred at a very different pace and philosophical direction to that of Qatar. Wander through the Mutrah Souk and Grand Mosque which is an excellent example of contemporary Islamic architecture. Travel inland exploring majestic landscapes and 17th century fortresses, including the spectacular fortress at Jabrin. In Nizwa witness the weekly market at the animal souk and admire the unique clothing worn by the locals. Fly to Amman, capital of Jordan and the original Philadelphia of 2,000 years ago. Visit the site of Jerash which is nestled in a green and well-watered valley. Drive south stopping at Madaba to admire the famous 6th century map of Palestine which is in the form of a mosaic. At Petra walk through a narrow siq which suddenly opens out into a hidden valley lined with temples, treasure-houses and tombs carved from the salmon-pink rock by the Nabateans. Explore Wadi Rum where huge pillars of sandstone rock rise abruptly and majestically from the sandy desert floor before heading to Jordan’s Dead Sea for a final night. Return home from Amman.
Day 1. Depart US
Day 2. Doha. JW Marriott
Day 3. Doha
Day 4. Doha.
Day 5. Muscat. Grand Hyatt Hotel
Day 6. Muscat.
Day 7. Amman. InterContinental Amman
Day 8. Amman
Day 9. Petra. Marriott Hotel Petra
Day 10. Petra
Day 11. Dead Sea. Kempinski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea
Day 12. Return home from Amman.
TRAVEL IN A POST COVID-19 WORLD
We understand that you may have concerns about travel and we wanted to confirm that we are taking concrete steps to ensure your health. Please note the following and also note that these policies may be modified as we are provided with more information regarding COVID 19 and its spread.
1. Deposits will be 100% refundable up until final payment is due
2. Our group size will not be more than 12 travelers plus staff
3. Everyone will be required to show a negative COVID-19 test result valid from 96 hours prior to departure
4. Each traveler’s temperature will be taken each day to ensure that no-one on the trip has a temperature
5. Face masks will be provided and will be expected to be worn during all group activities.
6. Hotels used on our program will be adhering to the American Hotel and Lodging Association guidelines.
7. Restaurants used on our program will be adhering to social distancing requirements with servers and staff wearing masks
8. All museums visited will be following social distance requirements
9. Buses will be sanitized several times a day during touring.
10. Hand Sanitizer will be readily available on the buses and each traveler expected to use it as they re-board the bus after each activity
11. Bus drivers, tour managers and leaders will be required to show a negative COVID-19 test prior to meeting the group and will have their temperature tested daily.
12. All speakers will be required to maintain social distancing requirements.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR JOURNEY
We love organizing private journeys as much as we love putting together our group programs. If you would prefer, a customized journey can be planned for one person or a larger group of families or friends, and we would be delighted to work with you on your dream tour that reflects your interests, your pace and your budget.