We know that we are facing an unprecedented situation and we are thinking of you and your families, as well as our wonderful and trusted partners across the globe. Whilst our passion and love of travel remains deep, for now we must set aside our passports, stay home, and come together to minimize the impact of COVID-19. We remain committed to the enduring power of travel to connect us, to learn through doing, and to forge meaningful transcultural bonds and we will strive to stay optimistic about our shared and beautiful world.
For the health and safety of our team, our staff is working remotely. In addition, we are in regular contact with our partners overseas to ensure that everyone feels supported and safe during this time. Please be assured that we are well equipped to conduct business as usual. If you have any questions or concerns, we continue to be available at 1-800-333-1240 or you can always email us at email@example.com.
In the coming weeks, we will focus on providing destination content to keep your love for travel fulfilled while at home. Once this global health crisis is over, we look forward to connecting you with exceptional travel experiences once again. Meanwhile, we remain grounded in our purpose and focused on our values of inclusion and respect. COVID-19 does not distinguish between nationality, race or geographic origin, gender or sexual orientation and the Distant Horizons team will continue to uphold these values in our actions and in our communities.
Thank you for your support during this difficult time. Stay put and be well.
Your team at Distant Horizons
TRAVEL IN A POST COVID-19 WORLD
We understand that you may have concerns about travel and we wanted to confirm that we are taking concrete steps to ensure your health. Please note the following and also note that these policies may be modified as we are provided with more information regarding COVID 19 and its spread.
1. Deposits will be 100% refundable up until final payment is due
2. Our group size will not be more than 12 travelers plus staff
3. Everyone will be required to show a negative COVID-19 test result valid from 96 hours prior to departure
4. Each traveler’s temperature will be taken each day to ensure that no-one on the trip has a temperature
5. Face masks will be provided and will be expected to be worn during all group activities.
6. Hotels used on our program will be adhering to the American Hotel and Lodging Association guidelines.
7. Restaurants used on our program will be adhering to social distancing requirements with servers and staff wearing masks
8. All museums visited will be following social distance requirements
9. Buses will be sanitized several times a day during touring.
10. Hand Sanitizer will be readily available on the buses and each traveler expected to use it as they re-board the bus after each activity
11. Bus drivers, tour managers and leaders will be required to show a negative COVID-19 test prior to meeting the group and will have their temperature tested daily.
12. All speakers will be required to maintain social distancing requirements.
We love organizing private journeys as much as we love putting together our group programs. If you would prefer, a customized journey can be planned for one person or a larger group of families or friends, and we would be delighted to work with you on your dream tour that reflects your interests, your pace and your budget.